With every passing day the world’s technical debt continues to expand. Industry research shows the average business application carries as much as $2 million in Technical Debt. Analysts at Gartner estimate industry IT debt at $500 billion—and on target to reach $1 trillion by 2015. What’s interesting about Technical Debt is every ADM team knows they have some, but how much and how critical the debt is typically remains a mystery. Most financial debt obligations are easy to calculate and definitively known at any given time. Of course both Financial and Technical Debt both become frightening when they are aggregated, just take a look at a national debt clock if you don’t agree.
Like most challenges we face, awareness and measurement is a critical first step in intelligently managing the issues inherent to Technical Debt. To help raise awareness and share best practice for measuring and managing Technical Debt, CAST is proud to sponsor a Webinar on the topic with a leading analyst from one of the worlds largest IT research and advisory firms. Our featured analyst has been focused on Application Development and Integration for over 24 years and has great insights on the topic of Technical Debt. Several areas will be covered including:
- Measure debt continuously to control TCO of the application lifecycle
- Include debt measurement in project management and prioritization
- How to explain the business value of debt control to executive stakeholders
- Effective ways to balance new requirement demands with technical refactoring
- Understanding your accumulated Technical Debt and techniques to bring it under control
To register or learn more about this upcoming webinar click here.
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2012
Time: 11am-12pm EDT (8:30pm IST, 5pm CEST, 4pm UK, 3pm GMT, 8am PDT)